- Choose your subject carefully; you are going to live for long time- Make sure day & night, eating, sleeping, breathing, you think only about that subject. Something which not only is very close to your heart, but something which you yourself will never get bored off and would love to stick to it till your film is out.
- Through your film, be concerned for others- Even if subject has been chosen by you, always keep audience in mind…whether they too would be interested in the subject and if yes, which best way they would like to watch it.
- Chose a subject and issues you would love you learn more about- You should grow each day while making a film. Before starting the script, devote sufficient time in researching about your subject. If you like it, definitely you would love to know more about it and share it with your audience too.
Questions when assessing a script
|Students of Flash Frame Visuals Academy, analyzing their script|
- Mark beats and critically examine the working of each dramatic unit.
- See whether each scene can create more interesting questions in audience mind.
- Eliminate scenes that repeat information or that fails to advance the story.
|"Script Supervisor" plays an important role in the Production Team|
With this, I conclude lessons on script and screenplay writing. We have already discussed enough on these topics. 'Write , write & re-write' this is how I would like to conclude about writing A little wait and new topics would be discussed in next issue, which would make you think more creatively and professionally.Till then keep writing and happy reading.
Ref: Directing- Michael Rabiger