|Mise en scene - Citizen Kane|
- Blocking, which includes planning positions of : Actors in relation to each other, Action in relation to set or location, Camera placement in relation to actors and set.
- Camera - Filmstock & processing, Choice of lens, Composition, Movements, Coverage for Editing.
- Image Design - Use of colour, Depth perspective and treatment of space, lighting mood and treatment of day and place, Frame design in terms of scene's dramatic functions.
- Dramatic Content - Rhythms, Point of View, Motifs, Visual or aural metaphors, Foreshadowing
- Sound Design - Whether sound in diegetic or non-diegetic, What part sound plays as a narrative device, Whether it relays a subjective or objective point of view, whose point of view it is.